PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] about upgrade download directory

abido
June 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
hello, i am trying to upgrade my ubuntu 10.10 version to 11.04 .

but i have already downloaded the iso image from the website few days ago, so i was wondering if there is a way to use my downloaded iso instead of let the upgrade manager download it again ?.

if yes, where should i copy the iso image to ? (what is the directory|path ?)
and if yes, should i leave it as iso ? or uncompress it ?.

please let me know if anyone knows :D
and thanks in advance ^^ .

abido
June 27th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hello Dear ubuntu users :D
i've downloaded the whole update BUT it stops @ the last 41 KB !!!!!

im getting this error

Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libp/libproxy/libproxy0_0.3.1-2ubuntu5_amd64.deb 403 Forbidden [IP: 91.189.92.170 80]

Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libp/libproxy/python-libproxy_0.3.1-2ubuntu5_all.deb 403 Forbidden [IP: 91.189.92.170 80]

i tried to use a proxy and had the same problem :S
any solutions ? =/

if anyone can send me direct links for those 2 files and tell me where i should put them i would be really grateful :(

haqking
June 27th, 2011, 01:53 PM
hello, i am trying to upgrade my ubuntu 10.10 version to 11.04 .

but i have already downloaded the iso image from the website few days ago, so i was wondering if there is a way to use my downloaded iso instead of let the upgrade manager download it again ?.

if yes, where should i copy the iso image to ? (what is the directory|path ?)
and if yes, should i leave it as iso ? or uncompress it ?.

please let me know if anyone knows :D
and thanks in advance ^^ .

Personally as do others i prefer to do a clean install rather than a upgrade.. However if you are upgrading then you may want to make sure you are hardwired and not wireless for it.

If i was you i would burn the .iso to disc also, either use that for the install itself or at least if your over the wire or over the air install fails you will have a disc you cna use to get your system back up and running ;-)

abido
June 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
hmm, i prefer a clean install too ^^ but don't have time to backup at the moment ^_^ next week i will do a clean install but wanted to try it today :D and do you have an answer to my second question ? :)

abido
June 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Using Windows is like kissing your sister, it tastes the same but you know it aint right !

LOOOOL !!! :D nice one ^_~ :popcorn:

abido
June 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Using Windows is like kissing your sister, it tastes the same but you know it aint right !

LOOOOL !!! :D nice one ^_~ :popcorn:
will steal your signature MUAHAHHAHAHHA :P

abido
June 27th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Hello Dear ubuntu users :D
i've downloaded the whole update BUT it stops @ the last 41 KB !!!!!

im getting this error

i tried to use a proxy and had the same problem :S
any solutions ? =/

if anyone can send me direct links for those 2 files and tell me where i should put them i would be really grateful :(

i have downloaded the files externally without the upgrade manager, can anyone tell me where should i copy them to ? thank you.