PDA

View Full Version : Keeping DTR line low

electrojustin
June 26th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Hello all!

I am trying to write a proof-of-concept test program in C/C++ on Ubuntu 11.04 that will communicate with a BASIC Stamp via a Keyspan USB to Serial Adapter. I've programmed the Stamp to blink an LED if it receives the number one through serial input. For some reason, the C/C++ test program I wrote causes the "running" light on the Stamp to simply flicker, implying that it was just reset. After searching the internet for quite a few hours, I came to the conclusion the DTR line being high was causing the reset. My question is, does anyone know how to set the DTR line to low in C/C++?

Thanks in advance,
electrojustin

electrojustin
July 5th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Bump?

electrojustin
July 11th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Bump again?

Zugzwang
July 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I don't really know if it helps you, but searching using google for serial port programming tutorials brought up this tutorial (http://www.easysw.com/~mike/serial/serial.html#advanced), which has information on how to set the control signals in chapter 4.

electrojustin
July 13th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Yes it does actually. Thanks. Hope this works......

electrojustin
July 13th, 2011, 03:18 AM
No such luck, but now that I can set individual pins to high and low thanks to this site, I can do an alternative method of performing the functions I need the BASIC stamp to do. Thanks again!