PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to change font in Google Earth 6

baumtopf
June 25th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Hello Ubuntu users,

I get following problem, I cannot change the font in my installed Google Earth6. I would like to change the font, because the font is unreadable. I find in a forum that I can change the font in the following file: home --> .config --> Google --> GoogleEarthPlus.conf. and I read also that I set this entry:

[Render]
GuiFontFamily=DejaVu Sans
GuiFontSize=12
GuiFontWeight=70

in this GoogleEarthPlus.conf. Any changes in this file don't work, but the fonts with Arial work. Does anyone know how to change the font to a readable font, but without to use the fonts like Arial, Times Roman? I would like to use Open Source fonts for example Liberation Serif

I set the a picture in attachment to show you the unreadable font in Google Earth.

Regards Juergen.

baumtopf
July 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM
You do not need to install windowfonts. More likely use this: sudo apt-get install xfonts-75dpi xfonts-100dpi

manbill
July 30th, 2011, 07:46 PM
To solve this issue, simply reinstall msttcorefonts.
I had this problem with 10.04 and I was going to get crazy looking on forums for a solution.

Finally it was more simple than I expected.

Cheers.
William.

adelani
September 19th, 2011, 05:08 PM
You do not need to install windowfonts. More likely use this: sudo apt-get install xfonts-75dpi xfonts-100dpi

Thanks, it works properly, I'm using ubuntu 11.04

yugal
October 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM

Thank you so much, it helped me too.

namik2b
March 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM

thank you it is very helpful, but you need to restart your computer after install!

xfjhdz
April 26th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks baumtopf (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1264204). I'm new to Ubuntu and this makes it easier to wean from Windows. I'm starting to become a believer.