xxervio
June 25th, 2011, 03:21 PM
My specs to machine are,
evga classified 4 motherboard
7x 8400gs video cards
2x 500gig WD blue
12gigs corsair ddr3 1333
i7 960 intel

Im trying to get ubuntu to install. i have burnt the disk off a couple times thinking it maybe the disc on the first one but the second does the same thing. it knows the CD is there, i get a purple screen with a little man on the bottom and what looks to be a keyboard? so i hit the space bar and brings me up to a screen to select my language. Then i tell it to install ubuntu and i get a blank screen with a cursor blinking and thats it. The cd rom spools up and then down and basically shuts off. It will sit there for some time doing nothing.

Do i have incompatible hardware or not sure what else the deal could be. Maybe i should disbale all the video cards at first except for one?

Thank you for the help

goldshirt9
June 25th, 2011, 03:26 PM
can you run ubuntu as a live disc first to see if
a: it works with all your specs.
b . you like it

you can install from the live cd,
i find i have to do that sometimes.
burn at a slower speed make a massive difference.:)

xxervio
June 25th, 2011, 03:44 PM
it does the same thing when i try to run it as a live cd :( The last disc i burned at 3x so i need to go slower then that??

YesWeCan
June 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
On that same menu is an option to check the disk...this reads the CD contents and runs a checksum.

It may be a driver issue, often graphics. From the menu, press F6 and select "nomodeset" and then try running without installing.

xxervio
June 26th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I will try that soon as I get home, thankz