PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] black screen and mouse arrow after long screen saver shutdown

hanansela
June 25th, 2011, 02:52 PM
HI
I have recently installed 11.04 natty on Intel Core i3-2100 3.1 GHZ using its own graphic accelerator. When the screen is idle for a long time, more than 1 hour, I get a black screen with the mouse arrow but nothing else. the mouse moves the cursor and Ctl+Alt+F1 does work.
How to fix this problem?
How do i get my screen back using Ctl+Alt+F1?
Thank you

jfieser
July 11th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I have exactly the same problem on a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop. After no activity, the screen goes blank, the mouse moves and the Cntrl-Alt-F1 lets you log in via text, but the X Windows is still black.

wildmanne39
July 11th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I have exactly the same problem on a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop. After no activity, the screen goes blank, the mouse moves and the Cntrl-Alt-F1 lets you log in via text, but the X Windows is still black.Hi,have a look at this link.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting/Freeze

wildmanne39
July 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
It takes a long time to shut down and start my computer.What is the reason ?Is it for virus or another reason?
Hi, you should start a thread of your own with a good title, you do not have the same problem as the OP. I doubt it is a virus. open log file viewer and see what the dmesg log says.

hanansela
August 20th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Hi
I have solved my problem changing the settings in system>preferences>power management>on AC power>display=never.
i do not know if it is the right thing to do but it works, i have no freeze of the screen after the computer has been idle for a long time.