PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 on an Emprex BNB-1021

ChickletDee
June 25th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Hi-
Did anyone ever solve the original poster's dilemma? I'm having the exact same issue.

Thank you in advance. :)

Rubi1200
June 25th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums ChickletDee :)

I suggest you start your own thread to deal with this issue. People are unlikely to find this post attached to an old thread.

Post as much information as possible about the problem, including error messages, system specifications, and the output of the boot info script:

Boot the Ubuntu Live CD/USB. Choose the option "Try Ubuntu without any changes." Once the desktop loads come back here and do the following:

1. Download the boot info script which is in a zipped file. There is a link in my signature.
2. Once downloaded, move the boot info script by either copying or dragging and dropping the zipped folder onto the desktop and unzip the contents by using right-click Extract here.
3. Open the folder and copy the script to the desktop (you can also drag and drop if you like)
4. Open a terminal and run the following command

sudo bash ~/Desktop/boot_info_script.sh

This will create a RESULTS.txt file on the desktop. Paste the entire contents of that file back here in a new post. Once pasted highlight all text and click the # sign on the toolbar to place code tags around the text.

Perfect Storm
June 25th, 2011, 07:28 AM
posts split.