PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot get to Login Screen

Kchymet
June 25th, 2011, 01:53 AM
After upgrading to Ubuntu 11.04, I started having a slight issue when trying to log onto the desktop. Well, more than slight I suppose. When I select Ubuntu from the GRUB list, the screen flashes and then gets stuck (I'll attach a picture of it to this. Since I can't log in, I can't copy/paste). I can type into the blank space, but there is no command line so I can't actually enter anything. This happens on tty7 only. When I swap to tty1 through 6, I can log on and enter commands. This leads me to believe it's a graphics problem, but that would surprise me since I've been able to use the desktop since having installed 11.04, and I didn't touch my graphics between this problem and the last error I was having. In case it matters, I spent my last working session trying to fix some sound problems, so it could potentially be something with ALSA or pulseaudio (There's also a yellow * with something about pulseaudio in the attached photo).

I don't have the image now, but I'll post a response with the results on lspci (I have to swap back to Ubuntu, get the results, and swap back again to Windows).

Kchymet
June 25th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Again, sorry they're in image form, I don't have a good way to get them in text. Here are the results of lspci:

Kchymet
June 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Does anyone have a fix? I'm willing to do a fresh install if I have to, but I'd rather avoid that.