PDA

View Full Version : Gambas and QT

KoolPenguin
June 24th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I have been fool'n with Gambas a bit and from what I have read it is supposed to support QT. How are you supposed to import the QT Designer *.ui file into Gambas? I cannot seem to find a way to import the form.

I know you can design forms within Gambas but, I prefer the QT Designer interface.

Thanks

--
Chris

kalaharix
June 24th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Hi

Gambas 2 uses QT3. The new Gambas 3 (currently release candidate) uses QT4 (both can use GTK+ as well). All of these are graphics toolkits.

Gambas can't use a QT designer .ui file. It would be a interesting project to write an interface between Gambas and QT designer but ultimately pointless as the end result and method of getting there are the same.

KoolPenguin
June 24th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Hi

Gambas 2 uses QT3. The new Gambas 3 (currently release candidate) uses QT4 (both can use GTK+ as well). All of these are graphics toolkits.

Gambas can't use a QT designer .ui file. It would be a interesting project to write an interface between Gambas and QT designer but ultimately pointless as the end result and method of getting there are the same.

So when it says on the Gambas website design your program GUI with QT4 they are refering to components that implement the GUI classes based on the QT library and not actually import the .ui file from QT designer?

--

Chris

kalaharix
June 24th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Yup. Thats it.

KoolPenguin
June 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Yup. Thats it.

Okay...Thanks!
--

Chris