PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot enter WPA password

emperorm
June 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
I did an update yesterday, and when I logged in today, the WLAN manager told me that my keyring password no longer matched my login password (which was true, I could no longer unlock my keyring to access the WLAN).

I deleted the files in .gnome2/keyrings and reinstalled gnome-keyring. Now, when I try to connect to my WLAN, I am asked for the password in a "wireless authentication required" window, but when I enter the password into the field, the "connect" button stays gray and cannot be clicked. I can only press "cancel" or close the window. I can connect to my neighbour's unsecured WLAN just fine, otherwise I would have no way to look for help. Any ides why the connect-button stays gray despite the fact that I entered something into the field?

emperorm
June 23rd, 2011, 09:27 PM
apparently you have to enter the correct password for the button to work.

_0R10N
June 24th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Which password are you entering? Remember that you must enter the password that blocks access to your network, not the one associated with your system user.

On the other hand, it might be greyed out because you haven't entered a password of the right expected length.