PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Flash player messing up?

jakejw93
June 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
When i watch youtube videos it tends to stay on my browser in a weird way, so when i go on other tabs it is still there and is rather irritating ..the image shows what i am talking about

I use ubuntu 10.10 and firefox 4 if that helps...

lovinglinux
June 23rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
I don't see that in the image, but your are using Speed Dial as an example, which is not a regular web page. Does it happen on regular pages too?

Try Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/).

jakejw93
June 23rd, 2011, 07:57 PM
I don't see that in the image, but your are using Speed Dial as an example, which is not a regular web page. Does it happen on regular pages too?

Try Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/).

The horrible black stuff in the image is what always shows and sometimes i cant see websites due to it..and yes it happens on all websites and even goes into normal applications...

lovinglinux
June 23rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
The horrible black stuff in the image is what always shows and sometimes i cant see websites due to it..and yes it happens on all websites and even goes into normal applications...

Oh, I understand now :-)

Have you tried Flash-Aid?

jakejw93
June 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
Oh, I understand now :-)

Have you tried Flash-Aid?

Nope i have not, can you explain a little bit more about it?

lovinglinux
June 23rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Nope i have not, can you explain a little bit more about it?

I am the developer.

What it does is to detect your system version, architecture and installed flash plugins, then generates a script to remove all them, install the best option according to your architecture and apply some tweaks that probably will fix your issues. Is pretty easy to use. Once you install it, just run the extension Wizard from the menu that will be placed in your toolbar. In the Wizard mode you can select from the stable version from the repositories, the beta version from Adobe or if you are on 32bit, the one bundled with Google Chrome (if installed). In the Advanced Mode there are other options, like installing Gnash or installing the plugin from a tar file.

Currently, the beta from Adobe is actually the same as the final version from the repos, but for 64bit is totally different, since it is truly 64bit and not the 32bit with a 64bit wrapper.

jakejw93
June 23rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
I am the developer.

What it does is to detect your system version, architecture and installed flash plugins, then generates a script to remove all them, install the best option according to your architecture and apply some tweaks that probably will fix your issues. Is pretty easy to use. Once you install it, just run the extension Wizard from the menu that will be placed in your toolbar. In the Wizard mode you can select from the stable version from the repositories, the beta version from Adobe or if you are on 32bit, the one bundled with Google Chrome (if installed). In the Advanced Mode there are other options, like installing Gnash or installing the plugin from a tar file.

Currently, the beta from Adobe is actually the same as the final version from the repos, but for 64bit is totally different, since it is truly 64bit and not the 32bit with a 64bit wrapper.

I just tried it then and i think the results were successful, so i thank you very much for that wonderful piece of software! If any one the problems continue i will contact you but i think that is doubtful! Thanks again!!

lovinglinux
June 23rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
I just tried it then and i think the results were successful, so i thank you very much for that wonderful piece of software! If any one the problems continue i will contact you but i think that is doubtful! Thanks again!!

You are welcome.