PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Trouble changing boot options

Crazy K
June 22nd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Hi guys, I'm having trouble getting the ubuntu 10.04 64 bit DVD to load up right away. I tried getting into BIOS, but couldn't find the boot options. Is there anywhere to change it elsewhere? Now I can't even get into BIOS anymore and it's really getting annoying.

At startup it lists push Ctrl s for setup or something along those lines, I kept having to restart the computer because it would bring me to the screen that asks me to start windows in safe mode, start windows normally, etc.

I turn it off from there.

I'd love to install Ubuntu 10.04 because Windows Vista is plagued with viruses right now (Sister's old computer).

I'm unsure if it's a 32bit, or a 64bit computer, but I'm pretty sure it's 64 bit.

Anyways, how can I fix this?

Crazy K
June 22nd, 2011, 11:00 PM
It's a 34 bit PC. I also did a disk cleanup and saved up to 5GB or space. Yikes. I'm downloading Ubuntu 10.04 34 bit, so any help soon is greatly appreciated. I need to be able to boot to CD first.

Crazy K
June 22nd, 2011, 11:23 PM
Also, I'd like to dual boot it with Ubuntu 10.04. I'd like to bring the windows portion of the system back up and running. So far I'm doing pretty decently on that end. If you guys can help me, I'd appreciate it. :)

Thanks!

Crazy K
June 23rd, 2011, 02:05 AM
Actually I think it may be because of there being only like 1GB of storage left of the computer. No idea why it's doing this, but space keeps being taken up.

Goodness I hate Windows.

But yeah, my sister had a music folder with 15GB of music, probably crap so I'm going to delete the whole thing.

Crazy K
June 23rd, 2011, 03:14 AM
I can't even access the BIOS. Anyone have any info that can be of any help?

Crazy K
June 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I was able to install Ubuntu and dual boot it with Windows Vista.