PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Re-Installation of 10.10 seems quite buggy?

OxentroT
June 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
I had quite an issue the other day with my trusty laptop. The battery was allowed to drain as I had accidentally left it on over night (as I have done several times before) the next morning I just plugged the adapter in and powered back on. However, this time I got stuck in a 'Busybox' loop and could find no way to fix it. Not even SuperGrub could help :sad: So I decided to re install my distro (10.10) and recomfigure to my liking all over again.

Nevertheless, I am seeming to have quite a few bugs this time around. Audio files get all screwy 3 min after they're opened and my cursor is at times completely unresponsive to my movements. Never have experienced these issues in the three years I have been on Ubuntu.

Any ideas as to how I can address these issues?

Much Appreciated.

-Ox

owiknowi
June 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
same troubles here and it seems not only a ubuntu 10.10 issue.
accidentally drained the battery of a hp dv6. next day on ac all installed species of penguins were crippled.
and even worse: w7 still worked...

jerrrys
June 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
has your install cd gotten banged up, scratch ?

OxentroT
June 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
has your install cd gotten banged up, scratch ?

Not significantly, however it is an ISO image burned on a disc. Not an actual disc from the distro facility. I did burn a new 'SuperGrub' image to a disc thinking that would resolve the issue like it had a little over a year ago but to no avail.

georgelab
June 28th, 2011, 04:17 PM
One of my working computers is running 10.10 without any buggy stuff. Actually it looks pretty stable for me. It's not a notebook, so I can't tell anything about battery problems, but everything else looks fine.