PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgrade gone wrong now nothing shows on my acrer net book please help

debbie1973
June 22nd, 2011, 09:33 AM
please help!!! i have a acer net book which runs ubuntu it said i could upgrade so it was checking for upgrades installed them them i had to restart the netbook so i do, when it came back on it said my talk talk network was establisshed but then the screen just stays blank nothing come s up just the arrow for the mouse is visable on the screen please help mwe fix this as it's my daughters net book which she uses for for school work please any help what i can do thanks:confused:

garvinrick4
June 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
What version are you running and was it a dist-upgrade or just a normal upgrade in same version?
When you get to that screen see if:
ctrl/alt/F1 will get you to a terminal so you can log in:

lsb_release -aabove will tell you version:

debbie1973
June 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
hi it's ubuntu 11.04 acer-AOA150 tty1 i put the code in but now it's asking for acer AOA150 LOGIN AND I TRIED MY DAUGHTERS PSSWORD AND IT'S NOT ACCEPTING IT ? THANKS

debbie1973
June 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
hi it's a ubuntu 11.04 acer-AOA150 ttyl
i put the code in but now it's asking for
acer-AOA150 login and i don't know it i tried the normal loging password but it's saying it's wrong? thanks for you your help

dino99
June 22nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
password are case sensitive, so be sure to do it exactly (specialy if it has numeric and/or special characters)

mswift
June 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Debbie, when you type ctrl+alt+F1, you get to a virtual console,
where you can log into your computer.
When you see

acer-AOA150 login:

your computer asks for your USERNAME
first, and then for your password!

debbie1973
June 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Debbie, when you type ctrl+alt+F1, you get to a virtual console,
where you can log into your computer.
When you see

acer-AOA150 login:

your computer asks for your USERNAME
first, and then for your password!
hi yes i'm a dumby i don't know it please help me

mswift
June 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
OK.
When you see login:
type your daughters username (usually her first name) and press enter.

then type in her password.

dino99
June 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
while installation was made, the installer have asked you to enter a username and an associated password, so on every boot you need to enter back these info

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword