PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] OpenLDAP Ubuntu 11.04

Mekik
June 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Dear friends,

I am having problem with installation of OpenLDAP on ubuntu server 11.04 on x32 & x64 machine. I follow documentation for server 11.04 on openLDAP server. However, i am stuck at the beginning of the instruction
sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.ldif
sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/nis.ldif
sudo ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.ldif

ERROR: ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) Duplicate attributeType: "0.9............"

I search everywhere and test a bunch of command , also reinstall ubuntu from scratch but the issue is still the same.

Could anyone guide me on how to move further. As addition, could anyone help me on how to install slapd & ldap-utils package from scratch beside reinstall ubuntu from scratch.

Thank you in advance.
Warmest Regards,

luvshines
June 22nd, 2011, 04:53 AM
Which particular attribute type is giving this error ?
Can you post the complete number that is displayed 0.9....

slooksterpsv
June 22nd, 2011, 05:22 AM
Dear friends,

I am having problem with installation of OpenLDAP on ubuntu server 11.04 on x32 & x64 machine. I follow documentation for server 11.04 on openLDAP server. However, i am stuck at the beginning of the instruction

ERROR: ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80) Duplicate attributeType: "0.9............"

I search everywhere and test a bunch of command , also reinstall ubuntu from scratch but the issue is still the same.

Could anyone guide me on how to move further. As addition, could anyone help me on how to install slapd & ldap-utils package from scratch beside reinstall ubuntu from scratch.

Thank you in advance.
Warmest Regards,

Funny you bring this up, I'll make a guide on how to do this as I'm going to write down step by step everything I do and try to replicate it. Cause always when I setup LDAP I miss something. To reinstall slapd and what not you can just do:
sudo apt-get purge ldap-utils

That should purge all the configuration files, should key word. Again I'm working on this tonight to create an LDAP server and client then I'll post back how I do it.

Mekik
June 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Dear slooksterpsv,luvshines,

Good day.

Exact error code for each command are as follows:-
additional info: olcAttributeType: Duplicate attributeType: "0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.2"

additional info: olcAttributeType: Duplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.2"

additional info: olcAttributeType: Duplicate attributeType: "2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.1"

Your cooperation and support are highly appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

Mekik
June 25th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Dear Friends,

Everything are working fine now... Just ignored the error of duplicateAttributeType because all schema are included by default.

please check slapd.conf. Hope Ubuntu team would allow public user to make amendment to the community documentation where needed.

Thank you. I love Ubuntu.

Regards,

jwxie
January 8th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Dear Friends,

Everything are working fine now... Just ignored the error of duplicateAttributeType because all schema are included by default.

please check slapd.conf. Hope Ubuntu team would allow public user to make amendment to the community documentation where needed.

Thank you. I love Ubuntu.

Regards,

I can't find slooksterpsv's proposed guide lol. I think he never had the time to make it.

Any case, it is now included in the documentation.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenLDAPServer

As of Ubuntu Natty (and possibly prior to it), the 3 basic schemas, (inetorgperson, cosine, and nis) do not have to be loaded manually, contrary to the Ubuntu Server Guide's instructions. These schemas are loaded as part of the installation process.