PDA

View Full Version : Installer Crash

NothingTrivial
June 21st, 2011, 07:54 PM
Im absolutely new to Ubuntu, so any help would be appreciated. Im having a problem with the installer crashing. I get a prompt to report a new bug report which I have done. the details im told to give these details

/var/log/syslog and /var/log/partman:

Anyone have any help or suggestions?

dFlyer
June 21st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Can you please provide a little more information? What installer, what program, whats the full error message.

NothingTrivial
June 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
I was installing the 64 bit Ubuntu 11.04. In the middle of the install I get a pop up which reads

We're sorry; the isntaller crashed. Please file a new bug report at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+filebug (Do not attach details to any existing bug) anda developer will attend to the problem as soon as possible. To help the developers understand what went wrong, include the following detail in your bug report; and attach the files /var/log/syslog and /var/log/partman:

I have filed the report on the site it sent me to.

dFlyer
June 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
A few more questions. Did you test it with a live desktop before you tried to install? Did you check the iso md5sum before burning the cd? Have you tried reburning the cd at a lower speed to see if that will work? Sorry about all the questions but if it's truly a bug you may have to wait for the developer to resolve the issue. Also what version are you trying to install? When you filed the bug report were there previous bug reports listed with the same problem that may have given a work around? Do you remember the bug report number you filed?

NothingTrivial
June 21st, 2011, 08:22 PM
A few more questions. Did you test it with a live desktop before you tried to install? Did you check the iso md5sum before burning the cd? Have you tried reburning the cd at a lower speed to see if that will work? Sorry about all the questions but if it's truly a bug you may have to wait for the developer to resolve the issue. Also what version are you trying to install? When you filed the bug report were there previous bug reports listed with the same problem that may have given a work around? Do you remember the bug report number you filed?

I did test and check the md5sum. Im not burning a cd, im actually using a usb drive. the version is ubuntu-11.04-desktop-amd64.iso. I did check for similar problems but found nothing...and I do remember the bug report number it is #800341