PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity resets after rebooting

TheWizKid95
June 21st, 2011, 08:12 AM
Okay, first time Linux user here, I have Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and after every reboot, my unity setup resets and its getting pretty annoying. it reverts back to the stock launcher setup: Home, Ubuntu Software Center, Mozilla Firefox, Libre apps, etc. I wanted to try out different things, so i tried the gnome3, but reverted with the help of this site since i didnt like it. idk if this is the cause, but i hope someone can help. i also installed kamal's 2.6.38-10 kernel for my Dell Inspiron 14R's backlight fix. any help?

TheWizKid95
June 21st, 2011, 09:51 PM
Shameless self bump :/

Krytarik
June 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Check if the package "libdconf0" is installed:

dpkg -l |grep libdconf0
If it isn't, install it:

sudo apt-get install libdconf0
Greetings.

meconio
June 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM
same here, but my problem was that I installed gnome-shell, didn't like it and revert back to unity, everything works fine, except for the fact that Launcher reset every time I boot up to the default icons, but does not do that for the size and other settings from the compiz-fusion manager.

So to make myself clearer, I can change launcher icon size and looks, but the type of icons just restart to default after every boot up secuence.

tried the solution, but I did have installed that, nevertheless tried to install it again with no solution of the problem after rebooting.

ogregore
June 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Had the same problem. Went through reinstalling everything related to unity and finally when I reinstalled libdconf0 the problem cleared and everything was back to the setup I had prior to screwing things up with Gnome 3, all the quicklists and everything. Try that.

Cheers
Ogre

meconio
June 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Went through reinstalling everything related to unity and finally when I reinstalled libdconf0

Thanks man but could you be more specific like give me a link or something, cause I googled "reinstall Unity" and all that i could find was adding a ppa for some sort of beta versions of Unity.

Update: Nevermind dude, I got it, I went to Synaptic and selected libdconf0 for reinstall and now I got back my old Launcher config it's been so far 4 restarts and no reset of the icons.

ogregore
July 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Great - glad it worked, sorry my instructions were a little vague.

Cheers
Ogre

ren48185
July 18th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Thank you for that. I set to reinstall and it worked.