PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] no flash

Lloydb39
June 21st, 2011, 12:11 AM
Dell Inspiron 1150 with Celeron and 1 gig memory. Using Xubuntu 10.10. Everything working nicely but won't play YouTube videos. I have Adobe installed. Also Gnash. Also swfsomething or other. None seem to help with Firefox.3.6.17. Would anyone know what I'm missing, or how I can diagnose?
Update: Ran updates and now it plays video, just very jerky. Question now becomes, does anyone know how to smooth them out? Running on a wireless network to a fast broadband connection, if that helps.

wolfen69
June 21st, 2011, 02:00 AM
Install the flash-aid addon for firefox.

no2498
June 21st, 2011, 01:50 PM
then run the add on

nomko
June 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Dell Inspiron 1150 with Celeron and 1 gig memory. Using Xubuntu 10.10. Everything working nicely but won't play YouTube videos. I have Adobe installed. Also Gnash. Also swfsomething or other. None seem to help with Firefox.3.6.17. Would anyone know what I'm missing, or how I can diagnose?
Update: Ran updates and now it plays video, just very jerky. Question now becomes, does anyone know how to smooth them out? Running on a wireless network to a fast broadband connection, if that helps.

Remove Gnash and swfdec. If you have Adobe Flash installed, you don't need them Do you also installed the ubuntu-restricted-extras? There's also some support for flash in it.

collisionystm
June 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
flash aid should automatically remove any conflicting flash programs. It is a great little tool

nomko
June 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
flash aid should automatically remove any conflicting flash programs. It is a great little tool

Perhaps, i don't know that tool. But too much add-ons makes from Firefox a x-mas tree and very slow. If you can do it "by hand", do it by hand instead of installing all kinds of add-ons which isn't that good for the speed of Firefox.