June 20th, 2011, 01:15 PM
i need to arrange alot of file on up to 25 foloders

i want to open about 15 foloders at the same time
but i want to see all at the same time

can ubuntu arrange 10 foloders in way that i can seen all the files ?:confused:

like in 4x4 or 3x3

ajgreeny
June 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I nautilus you can show two panes on the right of the window, key F3, each with a different folder open. If your screen is big enough you could open several nautilus windows, sized to fit on screen (maybe the compiz plugin grid will do that) and all visible, each with two panes, showing a different folder in each one.

It is a bit clunky, I agree, and there may be other file managers or other utilities that can do it more sensibly and easily, but I will leave you to search more about that.

offir
June 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM
i have nautilus but cant open more then 2 panels

ajgreeny
June 20th, 2011, 02:44 PM
i have nautilus but cant open more then 2 panels
No, I know you can't, which is why I said open "several nautilus windows", and said it would need a large screen.

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm not sure from your first post.

offir
June 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
i have a 320 giga of files to arrange
a lot of photos
mp3
movies
tv show

i am dislectic and it will be esey to arrange the file if i can see all

ajgreeny
June 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
OK, but I can't think of any ways to show all the files from 15 or more separate folders in one place other than my earlier suggestion of opening several separate windows of nautilus each with two file panes showing. Keep the files shown as detailed lists as well to see as many as possible.

offir
June 20th, 2011, 05:23 PM
i want to see 6 or 7 panels

i see in the internet a screen 3x3 u push dubble click on the windoews and they atumatic arrange 3x3 or 4x4 it depence how many windows where

another qeshtion
when i copy and paste a file i can paste only on a blank spot on the screen

why is that ?

forgive me for my bad english

ajgreeny
June 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I have no idea about that layout arrangement, I'm afraid.

As for the copy/paste question it is because the mouse will react differently depending on what is under it. Either go to Edit ->Paste in the menus, or change your view in nautilus to Icon or Compact view and you can paste in the space between icons, I think. I usually use the keyboard.