PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video Transcoder and Mp3 Converter?

xcommunistx
June 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I search for a Video Transcoder (neither ''Arista'' nor ''Transmagedon'') which can Recode a Video with my OWN options (like width: 640 high: 360)! And i need also (and this is more important) an Video to Mp3 Converter ( not WinFF, because i get an Error: libmp3lame unknown ) which i can convert many FIles at the same time, can you help me?

ron999
June 19th, 2011, 02:11 PM
can you help me?
Show the output from this command:-

cat /etc/issue

xcommunistx
June 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ubuntu 11.04 \n \l

So?

andrew.46
June 19th, 2011, 10:45 PM
[...] not WinFF, because i get an Error: libmp3lame unknown [...]

Have a look here to reclaim libmp3lame:

HOWTO: Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoders in FFmpeg
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1117283

xcommunistx
June 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE]Have a look here to reclaim libmp3lame:

HOWTO: Easily enable MP3, MPEG4, AAC, and other restricted encoders in FFmpeg
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1117283[ (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1117283)/QUOTE]

But this is for Maverick, Lucid and Karmic Koala, not for my Natty Narwahl...
Anyway, i tried it and it deletes some codecs which i need like AAC Encoding, Libavcodec50...
It made also last time my System Fail (which is nearly unpossible for Ubuntu)

xcommunistx
June 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, sorry, i looked again and it works, Thank you Soooo Much!
I searched for this like 3 Months and now i got an Simple answer which actually solved my problem!
I can't also call this thread SOLVED because i still search for a Transcoder with Own High-Width Option!

FakeOutdoorsman
June 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I search for a Video Transcoder (neither ''Arista'' nor ''Transmagedon'') which can Recode a Video with my OWN options (like width: 640 high: 360)!
FFmpeg is does this. If you tell me any requirements and what output format(s) you want I can give you a basic example to start with.

And i need also (and this is more important) an Video to Mp3 Converter...which i can convert many FIles at the same time, can you help me?
You can use a bash "for loop". This example converts all mkv files to mp3:

for input in *.mkv; do ffmpeg -i "$input" -acodec libmp3lame -aq 5 "${input%.mkv}.mp3"; done

But this is for Maverick, Lucid and Karmic Koala, not for my Natty Narwahl...
Yeah, I need to update that guide.

andrew.46
June 20th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Oh, sorry, i looked again and it works, Thank you Soooo Much!
I searched for this like 3 Months and now i got an Simple answer which actually solved my problem!

Thanks to FakeOutdoorsman who took the time to provide this very useful guide :).

anur.bhargav
September 4th, 2011, 12:27 PM
FFmpeg is does this. If you tell me any requirements and what output format(s) you want I can give you a basic example to start with.

You can use a bash "for loop". This example converts all mkv files to mp3:

for input in *.mkv; do ffmpeg -i "$input" -acodec libmp3lame -aq 5 "${input%.mkv}.mp3"; done

Yeah, I need to update that guide.

Ur the King..:P:KS:popcorn: