PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kdenlive Ubuntu 11.04 capture crashes help

newguy0
June 18th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hello all,
I have a Dell latitude D400 , with ubuntu 11.04 on it. Running quite nice. I have a jvc gr20 mini dv camcorder, and i'm trying to firewire my footage across. Now , it has trouble instailising, but can control my camcorder from Kdenlive i.e pause, play etc. When I try recording it plays the camcorder but does not record. Also does not show the camcorder feed on the laptop.

I have to disconnect the camcorder in order to get anything to work, and it the tells me that Capture crashed. Check parameters.

I have tried Kino, with no Joy. Can anyone help, this is getting really frustrating.

Many thanks for any help.

newguy0
June 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Bump. Anyone got any idea's? This is driving me nuts.

newguy0
June 19th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Right, I found this (below), Tried it and it worked! for about 5 mins. Now has stopped working getting the same problem. I'm thinking about putting xp back on this laptop.

From
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firewire :

This method makes a new group called firewire with control of the raw1394 device file, and your user a member of that group. The camcoder must be plugged in and turned on at boot time for this to work because udev will only create /dev/raw1394 if the camcoder is present and /dev/raw1394 must be created before bootmisc.sh is run.

Open 'System > Administration > Users and Groups'. Add a new group and call it firewire

Open the firewire group and add your user name to this group.

Open a terminal and type

sudo gedit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh

At the end of the file type

chgrp firewire /dev/raw1394

Reboot, or to apply changes now type directly in a terminal

sudo chgrp firewire /dev/raw1394

6. Insure camcorder is connected and turned on before the system is booted.

newguy0
July 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on this? Like I said the firewire port is working. And I have it working, need help here.

newguy0
July 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hello, anyone? :confused:

newguy0
July 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Is there no one with an answer? anyone know if older versions will work?
I'm really ready to give up in ubuntu

newguy0
July 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Got it. Finally, took me a long time.