PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Launcher Bar gets stuck after popping out

cybrsaylr
June 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM
This is an annoying problem I've been having with Unity.
I'll be moving the mouse around and sometimes hit the right or left mouse clicker and the launcher bar pops out and stays stuck out. I can't get it to auto hide unless the browser is closed. Then I have to reopen the browser and start all over again. What makes this very annoying is there may be several tabs open in the browser that have to be all reloaded again.

How do you get the launcher bar to auto hide again after it is stuck popped out?

wildmanne39
June 18th, 2011, 09:31 AM
This is an annoying problem I've been having with Unity.
I'll be moving the mouse around and sometimes hit the right or left mouse clicker and the launcher bar pops out and stays stuck out. I can't get it to auto hide unless the browser is closed. Then I have to reopen the browser and start all over again. What makes this very annoying is there may be several tabs open in the browser that have to be all reloaded again.

How do you get the launcher bar to auto hide again after it is stuck popped out?Hi, it does not happen very often to me but when it does I log out with firefox open then when I log back in it is fixed and when I open firefox it opens all windows that I had open when I logged out.

arno48
June 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I have the same problem

cybrsaylr
June 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
It happens to me when using Opera. Happens a couple times a day. Launcher bar just stays stuck open and only goes back into auto hide after closing Opera and reopening it. it's getting very annoying.

Krytarik
June 18th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Some users reported earlier that a workaround is to move around items on the desktop when that happens, if I remember correctly.

Greetings.

cybrsaylr
June 19th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Krytarik, that is another annoying bug with Unity where windows move/shift a bit making it difficult to move between desktops until you fix this overlapping shift in the offending window.

In my case the browser is maximized and doesn't and can't move at all but the launcher bar pops out and won't retract. You have to close the browser and reopen it again to get the launcher bar to retract again like normal till it pops out and gets stuck again.

arno48
June 19th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I have the same problem,
and my browser is Firefox

cybrsaylr
June 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Just happened again to me using Opera......

cybrsaylr
June 22nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Bump.

It just happened again, very annoying.

cybrsaylr
June 25th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Haven't solved this problem yet but did find a workaround that works well with Opera.

I reset my 'preferences' so that when Opera is launched it continues from where I was last. Then when the launch bar pops out and stays stuck, all I do is close Opera, then relaunch Opera and launch bar auto-hides again till the next time it gets stuck out again.

This way Opera opens again with all the tabs last used intact.

parsim
July 6th, 2011, 12:03 AM
This (https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/763275/comments/4) is a good workaround:

drag an icon from the desktop over the panel and back again.
After that, it's working normal.
I have to hover the icon over the panel for a few seconds, until the bar fully retracts, but after that the Unity bar operates normally.