PDA

View Full Version : Windows Faster then linux...that doesnt sound right

ihavenoname
May 17th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I saw this article, its old (1999) heres the link http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=1999-06-25-016-05-PS&tbovrmode=1

apparenlty windows is faster then linux. The funny thing is that theres a side panel that says Linux Referance Center and right under that it says Sponsored by Microsoft. I think its safe to say that Windows is a little spooked by Linux if they are not yet totally scared.:twisted: They are probably watching Ubuntu like hawks. Trying to see how much power it gains. Linspire doesnt seem to be doing well enough to challenge anyone even thou they sell Linspire comps in Wal-mart from what I hear. Thats definatly the right idea, Most people wont install Linux themselves but if it came pre-installed that would be a diffrent story. Imagine if we could have comps. pre-installed with Ubuntu w/ XGL runining sold at Best Buy. I think that would dramtically (sp?) drive up the Linux market share. IMHO Linux Distros and users have to move now while windows is still reeling from the Vista disaster.

ne ways i just wanted to see what people thoughts on this were. Do you think that linux is still or ever was slower then windows.

MetalMusicAddict
May 17th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Like you said, its old. Why post it?

ihavenoname
May 17th, 2006, 11:23 PM
haha good point but i thought i answered this :-k

ne ways i just wanted to see what people thoughts on this were. Do you think that linux is still or ever was slower then windows.

but if that wasnt clear then Ill say it diffrently. I wanted to know if there had been any new tests which indicated otherwise, I wanted to bring up the points that are in the post and also i thought it was funny that the linux page was sponsored by microsoft. finally i wanted to ask ppl what they thought on the various issues i "discussed":)