PDA

View Full Version : [other] localhost not opening php files text editor is

kingfisher082
June 17th, 2011, 06:27 AM
sorry goodbye

apollothethird
June 17th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Im new but have been messing around with php for while and generally taking to many short cuts.
Here is the problem i have a vista upgraded to windows 7 I was working through data base driven web site etc and installed myspl php 5.2.17 and Apache 2.2.17 there were some extensions not displayed on phpMysqladmin and in the process of trying to fix them upgraded my Apache server to 2.2.19 on trying to open a file in the browser instead of it interpreting the php file and sending it to the browser now it pops up do you want to open or save this file and when you say open it opens it in the default text editor.
I have checked to see that the index.php has been added to the index.html file in the confic for Apachie, i have checked the C:\PHP and all the relevent addresses even installed Apachie freinds XAMPP thinking this will get me out of trouble and sure enough no it installed ok but did exactly the same thing opend the test html document and interpreted it the test php document it opened in the default text editor.
I have hunted across the forums and seen a couple of people with the same general problem and heard the basic advice this goes a bit beyond that I am afraid.
Some of the jargon I am not familar with but I have gone over and over the install and reinstalled refreshed, shut down, deleted temp files, errased all the internet stuff
Checked all my fire walls and not good there but did all i could find to do and no Joy there.

PLEASE PLEASE IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE(pink floyde):D THAT CAN HELP

You're in the wrong forum. You're talking about the Windows 7, this forum is for helping with problems installing Ubuntu OS. Installing the Ubuntu OS is very simple and you shouldn't really have problems. Download the Ubuntu live and put it in your drive, boot to it and follow the installation steps.

By default it's install support for Apache also. If you have problems with the Apache that it installs, you'd still look for a forum that is dealing with Apache, not the Operating system.

Try Googling using terms that deal with your problem such as:

"Apache php prompting for download"
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=apache+php+prompting+for+download&cp=19&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&aq=0j&aqi=&aql=&oq=apache+php+promptin&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=5ee24c012758f1c1&biw=914&bih=676

There are lots of forums that deal with the Windows 7 Operating system and Apache. This isn't one of them. Before posting a message in a forum, read a few of the messages and get familiar with what the forum is about.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames@apollo3.com
www.apollo3.com/~ljames (http://www.apollo3.com/%7Eljames)