PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] crossplatformui

gokulvnair
June 17th, 2011, 05:34 AM
:(

This is an error occurring after you install Reliance Netconnect Broadband package. If you look at the terminal while installing a package you might see something like this
crossplatformui: :mad:
subprocess installed
post-installation script returned error
exit status 2
This error appears with every installation towards the end after you install Reliance Netconnect.
Though the installation appear to be aborted, all the installed software except Reliance Netconnect is usable. The problem comes when a .deb package with unsatisfied dependencies is installed. As the system does not count the installation of dependency as completed the installation of package is aborted. you might have to retry the installation to complete it fully.
What to do to prevent this error?
after trying this i can't able to install any of the soft wares from Ubuntu software center. I am very much new to Ubuntu. I dont know even how to use terminal commands also. pls help

gokulvnair
June 17th, 2011, 06:05 AM
This is an error occurring after you install Reliance Netconnect Broadband package. If you look at the terminal while installing a package you might see something like this
crossplatformui:
subprocess installed
post-installation script returned error
exit status 2
This error appears with every installation towards the end after you install Reliance Netconnect.
Though the installation appear to be aborted, all the installed software except Reliance Netconnect is usable. The problem comes when a .deb package with unsatisfied dependencies is installed. As the system does not count the installation of dependency as completed the installation of package is aborted. you might have to retry the installation to complete it fully.
What to do to prevent this error?
after trying this i can't able to install any of the soft wares from Ubuntu software center. I am very much new to Ubuntu. I dont know even how to use terminal commands also. pls help

s.fox
June 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Please do not create duplicate threads. Thank you.

Threads merged.