PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] local printers not showing up in printing application

Z.K.
June 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I was trying to add a virtual PDF printer and show I installed cups-pdf. Supposedly it is supposed to list the virtual pdf printer in the System->Administration->Printing dialog when I choose Add printer. But it does not do that. All it shows is the remote printers on my file server.

So, opened up a web browser and when to localhost:631 and used the cups interface to add a virtual pdf printer, but still it does not show up in the printing dialog. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

:confused:

Z.K.
June 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I was trying to add a virtual PDF printer and show I installed cups-pdf. Supposedly it is supposed to list the virtual pdf printer in the System->Administration->Printing dialog when I choose Add printer. But it does not do that. All it shows is the remote printers on my file server.

So, opened up a web browser and when to localhost:631 and used the cups interface to add a virtual pdf printer, but still it does not show up in the printing dialog. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

:confused:

Well, I figured it out. Under Server there is a connect item. Then instead of the remote machine I typed in localhost and the PDF printers are there now. Any ideas how to show both remote and local printers at the same time.

:?:

Z.K.
June 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Well, I figured it out. Under Server there is a connect item. Then instead of the remote machine I typed in localhost and the PDF printers are there now. Any ideas how to show both remote and local printers at the same time.

:?:

Well, maybe not. While it does display the PDF printers when going to server and typing in localhost, the PDF printers are not available to any of my applications.

:?