PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Possible to build an upgrade CD with apt-get ?

leegold
June 16th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hi,

Using Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. I have only command-line on this. I have limited band-width were box is located. After a fresh install I'll want to update the install. Is there a way to after the inital install to get a file or script file of everything it wants to upgrade with all dependencies, take may laptop with this info to another high-bandwidth location get the pacakges burned to a CD, then return to the server and tell it to update from the CD.

After that's done I could update as usual, it's that first update that's usually the big one. Is this possible? I could just update it normally and get my wrist slapped but if it doable I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Lee G.

cbowman57
June 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I don't have a solution for the server edition but if you do enough searching there might be a command line equivalent to UCK (Ubuntu Customization Kit), but that only works for a live iso. I do seem to recall stumbling over some links on modifying alternate install isos somewhere but can't remember exactly where, I do know it was related to some threads & guides on using UCK. Maybe their wiki?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Customization_Kit Some of the links under linux utilities might provide the answer you are looking for.