PDA

View Full Version : Will My PC catch on FIRE

megahertza
May 17th, 2006, 05:43 PM
I had a BLUE LED fan in my computer. The LED lights stoped working so I took the fan out, if i put it back in will my PC catch on FIRE.

I'm only saying this because my Last CD burner blew up and the Cd tray face flew across the room, strangly my warranty replacement did the same thing only 2 weeks later..

Lord Illidan
May 17th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I had a BLUE LED fan in my computer. The LED lights stoped working so I took the fan out, if i put it back in will my PC catch on FIRE.

I'm only saying this because my Last CD burner blew up and the Cd tray face flew across the room, strangly my warranty replacement did the same thing only 2 weeks later..

Are you serious?

Putting the fan back in your computer shouldn't make your PC catch on fire. However, I think you should get a technician. Exploding CD burners are not a good thing.

briancurtin
May 17th, 2006, 07:11 PM
im not sure i believe that your tray flew across the room, but putting the fan back in would probably not make your computer catch on FIRE. if it still doesnt work when you put it back in, just buy another one maybe.

wrtrdood
May 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Fans are for cooling - as in removing heat. LEDs have nothing to do with this so if the fan was working before there's no reason to remove it except to replace it. Indeed, the case may well need that fan depending on the configuration. If anything there would be a greater potential for fire with the fan removed than the other way around. If the fan was an add-on, then no big deal either way would be my guess.

Hmmm... flying trays? I can swallow flying CDs -- that might even be possible but those trays are pretty well anchored by the tracks they're in and take some real effort to remove. Whatever...

isotonic
June 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
If you douse it in petrol then lit a match over it...

curuxz
June 4th, 2006, 08:00 PM
There are no explosive parts in a cdrom device of any kind they would never get FCC aproval with that in!

I think this guy was joking....