PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] locks up once fully booted

ahrimen
June 15th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Last night I did serval things with the ubuntu and it could be any individual thing or the combination of all of them.

First thing was, I got tired of Unity being slow so I started using Ubuntu Classic.

Got updates from update manager.

And then becuase my nvidia drivers were reported by the Additional Driver application to not be in use, switched from nvidia current to nvidia 173 (i'm pretty sure it was 173, but I could be wrong about that).

Since I was planning on no longer use unity I installed Gnome-Do and had it set to run once the machine has booted up.

Restarted.

The desktop loads up, panels get filled out Gnome-Do shows up and the message box stating the keyring needs to be unlocked appears about Gnome-Do.

At this point things seem fine and I can move my mouse, but I cannot click on anything or type in the keyring message box.

I am able to get into the virtual consoles (<alt><ctrl>#) and back to the desktop, however desktop will appear wrong, as if the framebuffer for the desktop is either out of date or unintialized.

Any help with this will greatly be apperciated. As it is now I'm planning on wipping the system and going with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I want stability.

Thank you for any help