PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to add Chrome to Unity Launcher

Thrasonic
June 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I'm a bit of a newbie, especially when it comes to the location of programs that have been installed. I'm used to Windows so I'd normally find the executable, right-click it and create a shortcut that way. How do I create a shortcut on the Launcher for Chrome?

wildmanne39
June 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm a bit of a newbie, especially when it comes to the location of programs that have been installed. I'm used to Windows so I'd normally find the executable, right-click it and create a shortcut that way. How do I create a shortcut on the Launcher for Chrome?
Hi, open chrome then go to the launcher right click on the chrome icon and check keep in launcher.

Thrasonic
June 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Wow, that was fast and it worked. Thanks.

wildmanne39
June 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Wow, that was fast and it worked. Thanks.
Hi, your welcome enjoy ubuntu.

rva1945
January 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Hi, open chrome then go to the launcher right click on the chrome icon and check keep in launcher.

12.04:

Hi, I installed Skype, now the only way to run it is from the Terminal window or ALT+F2 and type Skype.

How do I add a launcher in the desktop, or in the launcher?

Thanks

JiuJitsu500
January 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
12.04 uses the same unity we've had for a while.

Once installed, open the dash, find it, and repeat the above process to put it on the launcher. If it doesn't appear, which is not-so-uncommon, log out then back in. Sometimes Unity has to re-launch before it shows new apps.

Last I had that issue was in natty though...