PDA

View Full Version : Site not remembering login

bob k
March 3rd, 2005, 05:08 AM
I have the remember box checked and still have to login. I'm pretty sure it's not firefox because it auto logins on other sites. I don't post as much as I used to but when you go to post thinking your logged in, it can be a real pain.

TIA
Bob

kassetra
March 3rd, 2005, 05:27 AM
I have the remember box checked and still have to login. I'm pretty sure it's not firefox because it auto logins on other sites. I don't post as much as I used to but when you go to post thinking your logged in, it can be a real pain.

TIA
Bob

This may seem silly, but are you allowing the forums to set a cookie?

TravisNewman
March 3rd, 2005, 05:28 AM
I get that error occasionally when I have a forum window open and I click on a link in an email (since I get updates mailed to me).

bored2k
March 3rd, 2005, 06:00 AM
i never hav to login _ _ _ even after i cleared my ffox history i remade it auto login and it has stayed there [ffox 1.0

bob k
March 3rd, 2005, 08:25 AM
I have the Ubuntu cookies saved and have my cookies set for this session only. This setup usually works for my login sites. I will reset the cookies to normal and retest.

jdong I am posting this from a Firefox window where I closed every thing down and reopened a new browser window. I will retest and post back.

I fixed it I opened firefox set cookies to normal logged in set cookies to this session and closed firefox, reopened firefox and worked fine. I guess it just needed a new cookie.

Thanks

Bob

Bob

mark
March 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM
I *always* have to log in manually - I thought it was a glitch in either my browser (Mozilla 1.73/1.75) or the forum software...

bob k
March 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
I *always* have to log in manually - I thought it was a glitch in either my browser (Mozilla 1.73/1.75) or the forum software...

I fixed it but instead of a new post I edited my last post. Check it out. They have been doing some work on the site, so I figure I had to get a new cookie.

Bob

Jad
March 3rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
never had this problem

tristan
June 12th, 2005, 05:20 AM
The 1st time I logged into ubuntuforums with my username and password, firefox prompted me to save them.

However every time I return to this site, only my username is present in the login box.

It seems to me that when logging in, the password field is blanked. Maybe it blanked the password before firefox got a chance to save it?

This happens on my ubuntu box and on my work windows box running firefox. Strangely enough, opera has no problem remembering my username and password with the wand.

Any ideas?

kassetra
June 12th, 2005, 05:37 AM
It seems to me that when logging in, the password field is blanked. Maybe it blanked the password before firefox got a chance to save it?

Some people do seem to have this problem with firefox, because of vbb's (our forum software) security features (i.e. blanking the password.)

aysiu
June 12th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Instead of having Firefox "remember" your password, you can simply not log out of the forums and have Firefox always keep the www.ubuntuforums.org cookie. Go to Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies > Exceptions. Add www.ubuntuforums.org and click "Allow." Then, before leaving the Ubuntu forums, just don't click "log out."

tristan
June 12th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Thanks a lot for the info guys! I tried the cookie method and it works fine.

earther
June 12th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I just joined the forum today and have had to login 3 different times! I visit a number of other vBulletin forums and never have to go through this. Using XP Pro/IE6 . . . I hope that doesn't get me banned!!