PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] X not loading, no GUI

Melraidin
June 14th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I've been running Mythbuntu for awhile now and suddenly have run into an issue. Xfce simply doesn't come up to display any GUI at all during a normal boot today. Booting into recovery mode and attempting to start with the fail-safe graphics mode brings up the GUI for choosing what to do about the broken graphics (use default config, re-create config, etc.) but as soon as I attempt to continue past here I see only a couple flashing blocks of white alternating with a black screen with only a flashing cursor.

This has all been running fine with my outputting video via HDMI to a TV from my Nvidia chipset on the motherboard. Last night though the machine did go through an unceremonious loss of power and as far as I can tell since then has had this graphics issue. This doesn't seem like a fried video device by any means though since text output is fine along with graphics for as described above when in fail-safe mode.

I've had no luck finding anything remotely helpful in my logs.

Can anyone please suggest any solutions or ideas for how I could find more information on this problem?

/var/log/Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/bh0qW06T