PDA

View Full Version : Adding RSS feed to my site

rmcellig
June 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I am looking for some Jaz News music feeds I might want to add to the main page on my web site. Any ideas where and how I can implement the code?

At the moment I am using Textwrangler on my Mac to test the waters so I can preview the page in Firefox.

I see some Jazz news RSS feeds out there but I am not sure how to display them on my site. I always come back to this forum because it is the only forum where I always get answers.

By the way, I am currently trying out Mint 10 on one of my older PC's and so far it is working fine. For some reason I am having trouble installing Mint 11. I get these black squares appearing on the screen. If there is a way to install it so it installs in Classic Ubuntu instead of the new interface, that would probably solve my problem regarding the upgrade.

Macskeeball
June 13th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I see the site in your signature has some pages in PHP. You could use Magpie RSS (http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/) to do this. For all the non-Mac users here, TextWrangler is (as the name implies) a text editor. No WYSIWYG stuff, so the editor he's using doesn't actually matter.

rmcellig
June 14th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks Macskeeball. I will take a look at this.