PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mmio address already in use/Slow boot

SolidSquid
June 13th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hi there, I just installed Ubuntu 11.04 via Wubi and it's been working great (apart from an issue with Nvidia drivers, but that seems to have been resolved by switching to the community version). I am having a problem with the booting process though. After selecting which version of ubuntu (generic or recovery), the boot process seems to hang for a long time just showing a blinking cursor (maybe 4-5 minutes) then displays an error along the lines of "Mmio address [some kind of code here] already in use" then a few more lines, then it boots. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Loving Ubuntu, but this is kind of annoying

Thanks

io5cml4z
June 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm getting this too. Boot used to be speedy, now it takes a minute or two. This is getting annoying. Does anyone know what is causing this?

EDIT: I'm not using Wubi.

SolidSquid
June 22nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Anyone know if there's a fix out there for this? Or if more details are needed?

cds7
June 28th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I'm having the same problem. It's really disconcerting, since none of my other machines running Ubuntu showed this behavior before.

Right now I'm running 11.04 wubi 64bit on an AMD apu machine (thinkpad x120e)

Hopefully someone can tell us what going on....

SolidSquid
June 30th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Interesting, I'm running 64-bit AMD machine too (six core if it makes a difference), wonder if it's something to do with that. Anyone seen anything similar?

wildmanne39
July 1st, 2011, 04:35 AM
Hi, am am giving you a link for wubi and see if that helps.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1639198

SolidSquid
July 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hi wildmanne39, thanks for the link. I don't see the problem I'm having in the thread, but I'll post there and see if I can get some help

theWrkncacnter
August 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I continue to have this problem as of 12.04 LTS. It would be nice to know what it means.

EDIT: looks like the answer may or may not be here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/38920/boot-splash-broken-by-sp5100-tco-timer-mmio-address-0xyyyyyyy-already-in-use

(contains link to a launchpad bug that has already been fixed, a comment saying to blacklist something, and another comment saying that blacklisting didn't work).