PDA

View Full Version : Unknown file help

Billium813
June 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hey everyone. Im new here and am looking for some help with a little reverse-engineering project im working on. I am also new to programming and only know java and c++. The files I was handed are of an unknown extension (.gtd) and are unreadable in notepad. It looks to me like compressed xml, but I havent had much luck decrypting the gibberish. I uploaded one of the files here. I would rlly appreciate any help anyone can offer me so that I can see the written code.

http://ubuntuone.com/p/z0U/

Thnx.

StrayEddy
June 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
A little googling gave me:

"The GTD file type is primarily associated with 'GT Designer 2' by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation."

Maybe it can help you, good luck

Billium813
June 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM
A little googling gave me:

"The GTD file type is primarily associated with 'GT Designer 2' by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation."

Maybe it can help you, good luck

ya, i have also found a few things like this through googling but havnt gotten much info from them (like .gdt being an extension for Genbox Family History Dictionary and/or Guitar & Drum Trainer Song Configuration File) both of which have nothing to do with the files, lol.

Petrolea
June 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
ya, i have also found a few things like this through googling but havnt gotten much info from them (like .gdt being an extension for Genbox Family History Dictionary and/or Guitar & Drum Trainer Song Configuration File) both of which have nothing to do with the files, lol.

Did you try to open it with GT Designer 2?