PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity most used apps dissapeared

chaemil
June 12th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hi. my most used apps just dissapeared in unity dash. I've already tried to reinstall the zeitgeist or run this commands:

"unity --reset"

"rm ~/.local/share/zeitgeist/activity.sqlite"

"zeitgeist-daemon --replace"

nothing seems to work...

wildmanne39
June 13th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Hi. my most used apps just dissapeared in unity dash. I've already tried to reinstall the zeitgeist or run this commands:

"unity --reset"

"rm ~/.local/share/zeitgeist/activity.sqlite"

"zeitgeist-daemon --replace"

nothing seems to work...
Hi, did you restart the system after unity reset?

chaemil
June 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM
yes i did... it think it has something to do with the zeitgeist, but my file lense working fine it only affected the applications one.

wildmanne39
June 14th, 2011, 12:18 AM
yes i did... it think it has something to do with the zeitgeist, but my file lense working fine it only affected the applications one.

Hi, I am not sure what is going on so I am going to bump this thread and hopefully some one can help.

chaemil
June 18th, 2011, 08:39 PM
it wont work even if i downloaded the new version of zeitgesit from PPA. so it's something else or there is left something wrong with the zeitgeist

-Inoe-
August 11th, 2011, 04:47 AM
It happened in my Natty too. Are there any solutions?

-Inoe-
September 9th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I found the solution (also posted in AskUbuntu (http://askubuntu.com/questions/56783/unity-dash-most-frequently-used-application-disappeared-how-to-reinstall-unity/60621#60621)).

I got another problem with file search, and tried to completely remove and reinstall the components of unity and zeitgeist many times but it didn't help. So, I tried something else and found the solution.

Simply delete the ~/.local/share/zeitgeist/ folder (not only the activity.sqlite file), and restart the computer. It will generate new and fresh zeitgeist folder, and now the dash is normal again.

Note:
Just for safety reason, though, I actually chose to rename the zeitgeist folder to zeitgeist.bak instead of deleting in case it doesn't go as intended, because it actually is just a trial and success attempt :)