PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem after upgrade to 11.4

rickyble
June 11th, 2011, 08:21 PM
After I have upgraded from 10.10 to 11.4 I have a very strange problem. My desktop seems to be unresponsitve to mouse right or left clicks. The file browser only starts if I use thunar. Nautilus will not run at all. I am not sure if they are tied together but everytime I reboot i get the error message the file browser is still open. If my iphone is plugged in i get a metacity error. I am booting into classic with no effects thanks in advance for any help at all. I can work kinda but mostly starting everything from inside a terminal. Also Nautilus only will run if I start it under sudo...

rickyble
June 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
a big part of my problem so far is the ubuntuone. It was completely eating my processor. I have stopped and stopped if from coming on automatically. At least I can start to track downmy problems. Before it was impossible.

rickyble
June 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I tried several ways to remove ubuntuone and finally found this site and it worked;

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/22881/remove-ubuntu-one-from-ubuntu-10.04/

I followed the OpenGL unchecked after installing Compizmanager that stopped the freezing on the screensaver.

Reinstalled all the nautilus package and along with the other two above it now works.

Changed the screensaver to blank and that seems to be the last of the freezes.

Start in classic no effects.

Installed Banshee for using my iphone and pretty much gotten to work flawlessly. Only thing left there is to be able to copy music from my linux media server to the iphone.

Firestarter firewall for some reason suddenly started blocking me after my vpn connection to my work was made. Simply shut it down it when using my vpn and works perfectly.

The last thing I have is that for some reason after completely redoing my logitech wireless keyboard it will not allow me to use the keypad. Numbers across the top work but the number pad will not respond.