PDA

View Full Version : anyone knows when the second season of "Game of Thrones" will begin?

legolas_w
June 11th, 2011, 11:54 AM
As the first season is going to end in about one week, I am wondering whether anyone came across any news about when the second season will begins?

I couldn't find anything in wikipedia...

Thanks.

luceerose
June 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
There is definitely going to be a second season. That's all the info I could find. No dates.
I haven't actually watched it yet. I've been watching Camelot. Is it similar ?
The only reason I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet is that I couldn't get hold of all the episodes. Where are you watching yours ?

mips
June 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
As the first season is going to end in about one week, I am wondering whether anyone came across any news about when the second season will begins?

I couldn't find anything in wikipedia...

Thanks.

I suppose you wan't us to guess your location?

You do realise tv series premiers at different times depending on the country your in or network access you have?

legolas_w
June 11th, 2011, 02:18 PM
There is definitely going to be a second season. That's all the info I could find. No dates.
I haven't actually watched it yet. I've been watching Camelot. Is it similar ?
The only reason I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet is that I couldn't get hold of all the episodes. Where are you watching yours ?

The show is really nice, no other fantasy medieval show compare to it in term of quality and storyline. if you enjoy watching camelot you will probably enjoy watching this series as well.

legolas_w
June 11th, 2011, 02:19 PM

You do realise tv series premiers at different times depending on the country your in or network access you have?

I usually get the copy from torrent and watch it because I might be busy when it is getting broadcasted or be travelling. I am located in Germany btw.

mips
June 11th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I usually get the copy from torrent and watch it because I might be busy when it is getting broadcasted or be travelling. I am located in Germany btw.

Well I had a look and 2 months ago production of the second season had not started yet. I suspect you are gonna have to wait until they release more details, the first season took 7 months to film so I suspect you are in for a bit of a wait.

darrenn
June 12th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Shows on HBO usually take a year break between seasons. Might be a bit longer because they weren't sure a season two was happening.

Keep an eye on George Martins blog http://grrm.livejournal.com/ He is working on the season two script right now. Also if you can't get enough of the series be sure to read the books they are awesome!

ve4cib
June 12th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I don't think they've actually started filming season 2 yet, so give it at least 6 months, probably a year. Also, depending on how close to the books they want to go, the second season could be called "Clash of Kings" instead of "Game of Thrones." Unlikely, but possible.

I haven't actually watched it yet. I've been watching Camelot. Is it similar?

Game of Thrones is WAY better than Camelot IMO. Camelot's writing feels a little stilted to me, and the plots are... predictable. Arthur and his knights go out and do something noble, Morgan and her nun friend plot something, Merlin sees through it, and the episode ends with Morgan's plot foiled, but still scheming. Rinse and repeat.

Game of Thrones on the other hand throws more curve-balls at the characters than you could count. George RR Martin (the author of the novels Game of Thrones is based on) is a master of throwing unexpected twists into his already labyrinthine plots. For me this keeps the series more interesting.

The acting in both series is very good, but I'd argue Game of Thrones has a more solid cast. Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, Aiden Gillen, and Lena Headley are all spot-on with their characters, and all get some major screen-time. It's a much more ensemble show than Camelot, which focuses almost exclusively on Arthur, Morgan, and Merlin (as one would expect of an Arthurian series).

In terms of sets, locations, and props, Game of Thrones is the clear winner. Just looking at it you can tell that the designers went through a lot of time and effort to make sure everything looked right. It has the same immersive attention to detail as the Lord of the Rings films. Besides the numerous outdoor scenes, 'Thrones has sets for 3 castles/palaces worth of interiors, a northern garrison town, and a city/permanent encampment for an entire nomadic race.

PhillyPhil
June 12th, 2011, 06:55 AM

There's only one release time online...;)

I wonder when tv companies will realise they're shooting themselves in the foot with their staggered releases. More people would watch 'legitimately' if shows were released in every country at the same time.