PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] subprocess dpkg returned error code 1

vikashiiitdm
June 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM
hi all,
i had recently been doing something and accidentally deleted some filess of my /usr/share directory of ubuntu 11.04 . from that time only i am not able to access my GUI session, neither am i able to install any applications, if i chose to b command line operator.

every thing returns sub-process dpkg returned error code 1 . then i tried installing my ubuntu again on some suggestion from ppl around this forum. but oops!! all of them freezes mid-way.....nothing is working . neither pxe boot nor bootable pendrive nothing. all of them freezes at 1 point or another.

my system configuration is :-

core 2 duo 2.0 ghz with 2.0mb l2 cache
512 mb nvidia graphic card
64 bit machine with 4.0 gb of ram
and a high speed internet conncetion of 8 mbps.

i have not formatted anything. please help me out . i just want ubuntu back on my lappy.

thanks in advance for any kind of help. :)

: vikash

vikashiiitdm
June 11th, 2011, 01:06 PM
hi all,
i had recently been doing something and accidentally deleted some filess of my /usr/share directory of ubuntu 11.04 . from that time only i am not able to access my GUI session, neither am i able to install any applications, if i chose to b command line operator.

every thing returns sub-process dpkg returned error code 1 . then i tried installing my ubuntu again on some suggestion from ppl around this forum. but oops!! all of them freezes mid-way.....nothing is working . neither pxe boot nor bootable pendrive nothing. all of them freezes at 1 point or another.

my system configuration is :-

core 2 duo 2.0 ghz with 2.0mb l2 cache
512 mb nvidia graphic card
64 bit machine with 4.0 gb of ram
and a high speed internet conncetion of 8 mbps.

i have not formatted anything. please help me out . i just want ubuntu back on my lappy.

thanks in advance for any kind of help. :smile:

: vikash

mörgæs
June 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Have you tried installing from the alternate ISO?

s.fox
June 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Duplicate thread. Please do not create duplicate threads. Thank you.

Threads merged.