PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouting volume to early in boot process

Erik-NA
June 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I have a rocketraid 2710 card with a RAID-5 volume mounted in /etc/fstab in Ubuntu 11.04

During booting the Rocketraid driver have not finished the initializing process before the volume is mounted and the boot process is halted waiting for manual input.

The Rocketraid driver is installed in the kernel as a module. Is there any way to "activate" the module earlier in the boot process before the automatic mount starts?

Bobhuber
June 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I have a rocketraid 2710 card with a RAID-5 volume mounted in /etc/fstab in Ubuntu 11.04

During booting the Rocketraid driver have not finished the initializing process before the volume is mounted and the boot process is halted waiting for manual input.

The Rocketraid driver is installed in the kernel as a module. Is there any way to "activate" the module earlier in the boot process before the automatic mount starts?
This may help you. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Raid
I think the trick will be to mount the volume out of fsdisk after the initial boot process.

Erik-NA
June 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I have the following entry in fstab

dev/sdc /mnt/rocketraid ext4 defaults 0 2

The Rocketraid driver is loaded too early in the boot process.

One solution is to create an own boot script which mounts the volume late in the boot process.

However, isn't it possible to configure when the driver is loaded in the boot process?