PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can t Install Adobe Flash Player

Dome1223
June 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I am trying to install Adobe Flash Player,Swfdec SWF player, and Gnash SWF Player
i click DALJE (FOWARD, I AM CROATIAN) : and it says:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

PLEASE HELP

nomko
June 10th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I am trying to install Adobe Flash Player,Swfdec SWF player, and Gnash SWF Player
i click DALJE (FOWARD, I AM CROATIAN) : and it says:

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

PLEASE HELP

Did you try:
sudo dpkg --configure -a??
Try that and start installing the flash player again.
Hint:
Do not use the Adobe flash player but flashplugin-nonfree.

Dome1223
June 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM
where do i put that code?? in windows it s in run ?????

Dome1223
June 10th, 2011, 04:16 PM
i found it thank you weary much :D

nomko
June 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
i found it thank you weary much :D

Nice to know what you did to solve your issue...

Dome1223
June 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I got a new problem :/

it worked i watched clips on YouToube i turn the laptop off and the clip is not working ?!?!?!

i probably installed something wrong...it might be Swfdec,Adobe Flash Player...please HELP

sikander3786
June 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the forums :)

The easiest method of installing Flash in Firefox, Ubuntu is to use the FF add-on, flashaid and specially for new users. So, here is what you need to follow.

Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal or if using Unity, press the <Super> (Windows Logo Button) and search for Terminal and once more, execute these commands just to make sure there aren't any broken/un-configured packages. If there are any errors, please post them.

sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get install -f

Now, install the flashaid add-on from here. Remember, flashaid not only installs Flash but it also removes the conflicting add-ons (if any). And moreover, it is capable of installing the newest version from Adobe Labs which solves issues for many.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/

The flashaid icon would appear just besides the Home icon in Firefox. Click it, choose, Wizard Mode and just leave the default options and keep clicking next. Once finished, restart Firefox and see it things improved.