PDA

View Full Version : Why do people use iTunes?

brawnypandora0
June 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Since almost anything can be downloaded for free now, why would people pay for music?

Legendary_Bibo
June 9th, 2011, 10:01 AM
That's called stealing. Also, I use Winamp. It feels lighter.

Also, stop making a new thread every 2 seconds.

kerry_s
June 9th, 2011, 10:05 AM
shh! you can't just let everyone know, someone has to pay. music's not cheap to make, costs money for instruments & whatever.

:lolflag:

Paqman
June 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
That's why I stole my car. Paying for cars is so last century.

brawnypandora0
June 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
That's why I stole my car. Paying for cars is so last century.

Actually, what are the chances of a person with a stolen car ever getting caught or pulled over by the police?

It's not as if he needs to show registration papers when driving in for tuneups.

jhonan
June 9th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Not that I want to turn this into a debate on the pros and cons of piracy.

But I don't get it. I have friends going on about bit Torrent, but are they totally ignoring what's going on right now with ISPs handing over names and addresses to solicitors? And the other option, usenet, is so totally full of spam that it's a frustrating and expensive waste of time.

It makes the option of paying a few measly euros for an iTunes legal download seem so much more attractive.

brawnypandora0
June 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
What's usenet?

Chazzer
June 9th, 2011, 10:19 AM
If you have an iPhone it needs to be synced with the computer via iTunes. iTunes is not only a simple music player. The iTunes store is not the only music download shop on the Internet. I never buy music from iTunes store but I do from places that don't use DRM. Some people actually prefer to pay artists for their work.

Paqman
June 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Actually, what are the chances of a person with a stolen car ever getting caught or pulled over by the police?

It's not as if he needs to show registration papers when driving in for tuneups.

Lol, don't ever embark on a life of crime. Your probability of getting caught driving around in an unregistered/untaxed, uninsured vehicle would be nudging 1.

Paqman
June 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I have friends going on about bit Torrent, but are they totally ignoring what's going on right now with ISPs handing over names and addresses to solicitors?

Depends where you are. The whole copyright blackmail industry has collapsed here in the UK, nobody ever got proescuted, the main lawyer behind it all has declared bankruptcy and he is being bodyslammed by the law profession's internal ethics cops due to being a generally dodgy operator. The courts weren't interested in chasing down thousands of individual copyright infringers.

The US is a bit harsher environment, as there are statutory penalties they can hit people with.

KiwiNZ
June 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Since almost anything can be downloaded for free now, why would people pay for music?

Please refer the Code of conduct re illegal activity.

Thread closed