PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 issues with hp mini

vampie85
June 9th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Hello I have a hp mini 1033cr. Awhile ago I installed ubuntu netbook edition, well I was new to Ubuntu so I clicked upgrade. Well everything was going good and then it restarted. when I came up to the log in page I typed my password and now it won't boot. it goes to the desktop theme but then freezes with three warning messages.
1st could not update ICEauthority file /home/adam/.ICEauthority
2nd There is a problem with the configuration server. (/usr/lib/libgcond-sanity-check-2 exited with status 256)
3rd Nautilus could not create the following required folders: /home/adam/desktop, /home/adam/.nautilus
I have tried a fresh install with a disc I burnt and ran with my external dvd drive. Well guess what it decided to not boot from it. I have also tried several other discs including a windows xp disc. it always boots back to the hard drive. I would really like it if someone could please help me.

moonport
June 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I had many issues with the 11.04 release.
My advice is go back, to 10.04 LTS. It's what I did, to stop having problems.

Catharsis
June 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Is your BIOS set up to boot from the external DVD drive before the internal hard drive? You can check by pressing one of the F keys (F11 I think), and it should bring you into the BIOS menu (NOT the setup menu, which is F2 I think).

vampie85
June 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I would first like to say thank you for the reply. Yes my computer is set up to boot to the external dvd drive first. The problem with it is that it doesn't give the dvd drive enough time to boot