PDA

View Full Version : Apple has redeemed itself....

cleverselfreferentialname
May 17th, 2006, 02:46 AM
I think I speak for the everyone here when I say....

OMG!!! A BLACK MAC

http://www.apple.com/

RAV TUX
May 17th, 2006, 02:49 AM

OMG!!! A BLACK MAC

I thought you were going to say that they were making their OS open source

May 17th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I thought you were going to say that they were making their OS open source
I wish I could....but a black mac is a close second.

Lovechild
May 17th, 2006, 02:53 AM
You mean they finally added Ogg Vorbis support to the iPod and stopped doing evil.. oh a black mac.. man I was so worked up.

May 17th, 2006, 02:55 AM
You mean they finally added Ogg Vorbis support to the iPod and stopped doing evil.. oh a black mac.. man I was so worked up.
Ohh....I'm going to end up disappointing so many people.............

synacktion
May 17th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Yea... someone at work was saying how Apple is trying to appeal to the African American crowd now.

cromestant
May 17th, 2006, 03:13 AM
lol... , apple is now politically correct!

endersshadow
May 17th, 2006, 03:36 AM
Did Bono sign each and every one like those black iPods a while back?

elamericano
May 17th, 2006, 04:05 AM
OMFG! A Mac fanboy!

$150 for black? What's the big deal? I've had a black laptop for years. Oh, but this is a black Mac, so that makes it different, somehow, in some indescribable way...

I guess it only means that you paid full price, which makes it a status symbol first, and a useful computer second. If it's still that heavy, cold or hot metal (depending on where you touch it), then I'd get a different black laptop for the same money.

DigitalDuality
May 17th, 2006, 04:44 AM
OMFG! A Mac fanboy!

$150 for black? What's the big deal? I've had a black laptop for years. Oh, but this is a black Mac, so that makes it different, somehow, in some indescribable way...

I guess it only means that you paid full price, which makes it a status symbol first, and a useful computer second. If it's still that heavy, cold or hot metal (depending on where you touch it), then I'd get a different black laptop for the same money.

:)

IYY
May 17th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Who cares about the black, this is a great deal! If you try to build a laptop of the same specs at dell.com, it actually ends up being more expensive.

ThirdWorld
May 17th, 2006, 06:02 AM

OMG!!! A BLACK MAC

i dont understand what is so wonderful about it. they overcharge for their hardware. Compare that black laptop with any HP or Compaq laptop. you can buy a compaq for a fraction of that...

should I add that you can buy a 17" HP for about the same price?

Resurrection
May 17th, 2006, 07:41 AM
More crap from Mac. How many sad people will buy it because of the color? Kind of like when the iMacs came out. Just sad.

Mathias-K
May 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
i dont understand what is so wonderful about it. they overcharge for their hardware. Compare that black laptop with any HP or Compaq laptop. you can buy a compaq for a fraction of that...

should I add that you can buy a 17" HP for about the same price?

... a HP laptop that neither includes nor supports OSX.

I really like the white Mac design, so i won't be buying any of them.

prizrak
May 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Apple was the first company (AFAIK) to introduce a wide screen laptop. Because of them I now cannot get a normal screen laptop with an nVidia card. They can dye Steve Jobs black (which happens to be my favorite color) and still suck. Maybe if at least iTunes went open source (hate iTunes but tired of people bitching it doesn't run on Linux) I would consider not hating them.

May 21st, 2006, 12:26 AM
Apple does eye candy very well, I would think that even those who accuse me of fanboyism must admit that.

RAV TUX
May 21st, 2006, 12:30 AM
Apple does eye candy very well, I would think that even those who accuse me of fanboyism must admit that.

you know fanboy I have been thinking of taking a live cd of Ubuntu Dapper and trying it out in the apple store.

I wonder if they will let me?

May 21st, 2006, 12:40 AM
you know fanboy I have been thinking of taking a live cd of Ubuntu Dapper and trying it out in the apple store.

I wonder if they will let me?

Good idea. I've seen lots of commercials for Office Depot claiming that they'd build a laptop to your specifications for your business, so I think I might go and demand one without Windows.

I'm not a fanboy, BTW. I don't have a mac, nor would I get one unless it supported Linux well. Perhaps the new mactels will get some drivers which will benefit the community as a result of that distro Red Hat is developing.

intarweb
May 29th, 2006, 11:11 AM
www.rockbox.org lets your ipod play ogg,wav,flac,mpc, you name it.

it just drains your batteries too fast...

BWF89
May 29th, 2006, 12:14 PM
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/823.gif