PDA

View Full Version : help with Linux Users Group Moldova

dimaursu16
June 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hi. Well, I want some help with getting a LUG site done. I started this thing, but it seems that I can't totally handle it.

what I did - I bought a domain ( www.lug-md.org ) I found a hosting for it ( a free hosting from freezoka.net, I will buy a better one if I will see the need for that ), and I tried to install some thing on that site.

what I'm asking for - I want to make a single and unique registration and login (maybe with facebook, gmail, or both), and to polish the site.

Can you please help me?
contact <dimaursu16@gmail.com> dimaursu16 AT gmail DOT com

Petrolea
June 8th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi. Well, I want some help with getting a LUG site done. I started this thing, but it seems that I can't totally handle it.

what I did - I bought a domain ( www.lug-md.org ) I found a hosting for it ( a free hosting from freezoka.net, I will buy a better one if I will see the need for that ), and I tried to install some thing on that site.

what I'm asking for - I want to make a single and unique registration and login (maybe with facebook, gmail, or both), and to polish the site.

Can you please help me?

What do you mean by single and unique registration? There is no 100% way to prevent someone to register twice (not even by checking IPs, it can be easily hidden/changed).

Check this for FB login: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/

And btw, your site needs lots of improvements, it looks really bad atm (but that's just my opinion). Maybe you shouldn't use so many plugins but should try to create it on your own. Now it is really a mess there (wordpress, image gallery, freenode.....).

t1497f35
June 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Hi,
Not to sound rude, but are you sure it's a needed project? There's been a similar site in Moldova (linux.md) but it was pretty much dead (and now it seems dead completely). People don't really need LUGs these days since there's lots of forums all over the world and a lot of people have good internet connection, Linux is easy to install and use these days and for other reasons, so imho creating a new LUG is old-fashioned and unneeded unless you have some exceptional ideas which nobody implemented before. Linux (on desktop and elsewhere) is well and striving without LUGs. Just my 0.08$ cents (0.08 because of inflation).

cgroza
June 9th, 2011, 02:18 AM
OP
Salut, din Moldova si eu.

I suggest you contribute to the linux.md website. It is not totally dead (Latest modification date : 6.6.2011).

slavik
June 9th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Can you please help me?
hello neighbor :D