PDA

View Full Version : haHA!!

DirtDawg
March 2nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
"Linux runs numerous background processes. These processes are usettlingly termed "demons." Furthermore in order to start or stop these "demons" a user must execute a command called "finger". By "fingering" a "demon" one excercises an unholy power, much the same way that the Lord of Flies controls his black minions. "

Oh, how I love it so! Just thought I'd share.

kassetra
March 2nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
"Linux runs numerous background processes. These processes are usettlingly termed "demons."

DAEMONS! D A E M O N S!

Not demons! Linux does not call it's processes "minions of hell" ...

sheesh... some people will do anything to scare users away from linux... ;)

jdodson
March 2nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
"Linux runs numerous background processes. These processes are usettlingly termed "demons." Furthermore in order to start or stop these "demons" a user must execute a command called "finger". By "fingering" a "demon" one excercises an unholy power, much the same way that the Lord of Flies controls his black minions. "

Oh, how I love it so! Just thought I'd share.

you should give a link to the site. the whole site is hilarious, especially the part on BSD and Linux being communism, which is the devil of course.

kassetra
March 2nd, 2005, 11:07 PM
you should give a link to the site. the whole site is hilarious, especially the part on BSD and Linux being communism, which is the devil of course.

The Scream (http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-6258.html)

That's the site I read in on... :)

DirtDawg
March 2nd, 2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks 4 the link. I actually on someone's half-arsed blog.