PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] update to 11.04 stopped at installing new version of cupsd.conf.default

daveli
June 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade to 11.04 using KPackageKit and everything was running fine until it stopped after 91% of installing updates at the following:

"Installing new version of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.default ..."

I don't know whether to stop the process or leave it but it is taking ages to finish the estimated 3 minutes remaining.

I checked for some info in the sticky thread of this category but found not much I could do, I am more of a newbie than anything else.
Has anyone got any idea or suggestions[-o<?

Thanks a lot,

Dave

wildmanne39
June 7th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade to 11.04 using KPackageKit and everything was running fine until it stopped after 91% of installing updates at the following:

"Installing new version of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.default ..."

I don't know whether to stop the process or leave it but it is taking ages to finish the estimated 3 minutes remaining.

I checked for some info in the sticky thread of this category but found not much I could do, I am more of a newbie than anything else.
Has anyone got any idea or suggestions[-o<?

Thanks a lot,

DaveHi, I tried several times to upgrade but it would not complete I finally had to do a clean install.

Zorael
June 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Likely there's an error that KPackageKit isn't reporting.

I always upgrade via the terminal (do-release-upgrade), which lets me follow the procedure a little more... closely. That said, the KPackageKit approach *should* work, and if it doesn't that's a report-worthy bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kpackagekit/+filebug).