PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to add extra launchers to unity

typos1
June 7th, 2011, 01:32 AM
According to the guides I should go into gconfig editor/desktop/unity etc, but when I go into desktop I only get 3 folders-gnome, ibus and pgp-I m pretty sure I ve got unity cos I ve just upgraded and I ve got something that looks very much like it !

I ve been using AWN and then Cairodock for the last 6 months and I want to put everything in the unity bar on the left (particularly the ubuntu classic menu as the unity one seems to me a lot slower to use and doesnt show everything at once, you have to click again to see everything) and get rid of the top bar, as I did with AWN and Cairodock.

wildmanne39
June 7th, 2011, 07:59 AM
According to the guides I should go into gconfig editor/desktop/unity etc, but when I go into desktop I only get 3 folders-gnome, ibus and pgp-I m pretty sure I ve got unity cos I ve just upgraded and I ve got something that looks very much like it !

I ve been using AWN and then Cairodock for the last 6 months and I want to put everything in the unity bar on the left (particularly the ubuntu classic menu as the unity one seems to me a lot slower to use and doesnt show everything at once, you have to click again to see everything) and get rid of the top bar, as I did with AWN and Cairodock.
Hi, click on power user's guide in my signature below this text and scroll down to Launcher and Quick Lists and it will tell you how to make launchers.