PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphics in Partitioner Overflows

K.abhijit
June 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hi

I find that when I am running the installer from the live CD, and I enter the partitioner stage, the graphical representation of the disk availability and usage overflows out of the box. There is no way to resize the box, nor is there a handle to scroll within the box. This gets kinda irritating especially for new arrivals on Ubuntu.

Can this please be fixed or is there some bigger problem that's causing this?

Thanks!

RamsesII
June 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
So I guess you are trying to install Maverick Maeerkat (based on your profile info) ? if not, please specify which version of ubuntu you're trying to install.

Does this prevent you to proceed with the installation ? if yes, is there any error message ?

what kind of partitioning did you ask the installer to perform ? a manual or the default one ?

Please give me more details so I can help you.

K.abhijit
June 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
So I guess you are trying to install Maverick Maeerkat (based on your profile info) ? if not, please specify which version of ubuntu you're trying to install.

Does this prevent you to proceed with the installation ? if yes, is there any error message ?

what kind of partitioning did you ask the installer to perform ? a manual or the default one ?

Please give me more details so I can help you.
I actually have two machines both running Maverick at the moment. I have noticed this happening when I am installing both Lucid and Maverick. It happens in the step where one has to choose between:
>Install on entire Harddisk
>Install alongside other OS
>Manually specify

Anyway, let me try and get a screenshot to clarify things a bit...
~Thanks

RamsesII
June 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Fine, good if you can get a screenshot. Could you please give me the specifications of the machine on which you're trying to install Maverick ?
Processor=
RAM=
video card=
video memory=
computer brand=
screen size=

You said you have Maverick running on 2 machines, did you have the same problem during their installations ? Please give me the same information as above about these 2 machines also. Your problem might come from an incompatibility between your video card and the Ubuntu you are trying to install.

and one last thing you didn't answer to that one...
"Does this prevent you to proceed with the installation ? if yes, is there any error message ?" It's important for me to grasp how serious is the issue. ;)

thx,
RamsesII