PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screenlet InfoPanel Installation

geidorei
June 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Hi - struggling with this one, have downloaded InfoPanel (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/InfoPanel?content=100042&PHPSESSID=dd4450a43721ec93ab31a05a73fb9d41) screenlet - extracted and moved the folder to home/username/.screenlets

It isnt appearing in screenlets - any ideas?

Thanks folks, karl

geidorei
June 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Ahha - right then.

Ive installed the Karamaba to screen lets and EasyMonitor - both installed but although there dont do anything???? On click just put a blue thingy on the desktop - cant change installed themes, they do nothing??? Am I doing something wrong?

Also InfoPanel - looks like it womnt work with the Gnome screenlets version of Karamba, but then again will anything?

Frogs Hair
June 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
The infopanel screenlet shows as an invalid package when I drag and drop the extracted folder and when placed in the .screenlets folder it shows up as installed . No icon appears in the screenlet manager window and it doesn't work . I have used the infopanel in the past so I find this strange . You could try a fresh download of the package. I have not used the other packages that you wrote about.

geidorei
June 6th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi - thanks for info, re-downloaded still doesnt work - prob cos Im on 11.4. Oh well, will try again in a few months. Other screenlets seam to work aok - Karamba however does install but doesnt work.

EDIT: Karamba just flashes on screen when you start, then vanishes.

Frogs Hair
June 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Hi - thanks for info, re-downloaded still doesnt work - prob cos Im on 11.4. Oh well, will try again in a few months. Other screenlets seam to work aok - Karamba however does install but doesnt work.

EDIT: Karamba just flashes on screen when you start, then vanishes.

The developer may not be aware there is a problem . I used infopanel on 10.04, but I use Conky now,

geidorei
June 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
The developer may not be aware there is a problem . I used infopanel on 10.04, but I use Conky now,

Hi - yes, I did report it to the developer. Hopefully he gets it looked at.

Did try conky but was ages ago on a very early version of 11.04, at the time it wouldnt work. I may have a go on on the last 10.10 machine first - good one, forgot about that.