PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] unity is gone i have gnome!

xpluto
June 5th, 2011, 07:22 PM
i have installed Ubuntu 11.04 - the Natty Narwhal 32 bit version on 64 bit system and my interface is gnome not unity!!
and when i click some where (like browser) system think always mouse is in that area !
i have a screen shot of my desktop here

mikewhatever
June 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
That desktop looks good, the Unity interface may not work on some graphics cards that don't support 3d and OpenGL very well.

xpluto
June 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
then desktop is OK i only need to fix problem's with mouse . thanks!

mikewhatever
June 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Can you please explain in detail what is the problem with the mouse. Perhaps give a specific example of what you do, and what happens.

garvinrick4
June 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM
i have installed Ubuntu 11.04 - the Natty Narwhal 32 bit version on 64 bit system and my interface is gnome not unity!!
If you mean where has Unity gone: At login screen click on user name and on bottom is
a button where you can choose Classic Gnome or Ubuntu (Unity) or Ubuntu 2D (unity 2d)
Here is code to see if you are 3D capable all should be yes.

/usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test -p

xpluto
June 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Can you please explain in detail what is the problem with the mouse. Perhaps give a specific example of what you do, and what happens.

i can only work with shortcut's mouse stuck in last program i was working . it happens sometime .
when I'm browsing Internet with Firefox and i want to click on gnome panel i move mouse upward and the panel won't come down ( my panel is auto hided.)
another example when I'm using another program use ALT+TAB to go to Firefox i click on tabs and clicking won't work and i need to use CTRL+ TAB shortcut .
third example i open another window but in clicking it's like that my mouse is still in the back page.

xpluto
June 6th, 2011, 03:44 AM
by the way I'm a left hand mouse user. perhaps this bug is for left hand users!?
I'm using unity and the problem with mouse happens sometime

xpluto
June 17th, 2011, 07:47 AM
ok by disabling touch pad and using external mouse my problem's were fixed.
the same problem appears in Ubuntu and Opensuse 11.4 with kde desktop and solution was same.